Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Pavement Schmavement

or Burn Arcade Fire Burn

I have a confession to make: I'm no indie rocker.

I've come to this conclusion only recently. I mean, I like music - a lot. The friends I have and seek are also likely to like music, a lot. When I first got here I was happy to find a colleague who used to do A&R for matador, because I knew I'd be at home. Still, indie rock, it just isn't me. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the low fidelity, or the haircuts, or maybe it's that I just can't keep up with everything.

Yo La Tengo, Pavement, GBV: sure, they're good bands. I listen to them once in a while. But I'm more likely to listen to the Cars. Really my indie rockness peaked with Superchunk and Bettie Serviert. There, I said it. I hope we can still go to shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home