Friday, July 15, 2005

The Bloggable Brody in Review II

I started working with AdSense a couple of weeks ago - no doubt you've noticed the tastefully unobtrusive content-linked ads on the site. I see the ads as a first step in monetizing the bloggable brody brand. Not much happened the first week, but on July 8th, bam!, I made my first 41cents.

In case you're wondering, this site has totalled 221 page impressions, 12 clicks, and $1.03 in total earnings since I first placed ads on the site July 1st. Peak numbers were 40 impressions, 4 clicks, and $.63, all on different days.

$1.03 is a start, but I intend to make much more. Though I'm no expert, I think my 5.4% click through rate is actually pretty good. If I can significantly scale up the number of page impressions while maintaining this rate I should be sitting pretty. I'm going to work hard on this - look in the coming week for new content and a subtle rebranding of the site so that it will reach a broader audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home