Thursday, June 23, 2005

Ron and Suzy

I've been entertaining my parents here for the last couple of days. It's been fun. In other places when people come to visit everyone becomes a tourist, but in Champaign there isn't much to see. We've looked at the university campus, my office, and the local historical museum, which is housed in the oldest building in the county and currently has a quilt exhibit on display. Yesterday we drove to Springfield to see the Dana Thomas House. Afterwards I took them to a Dairy Queen. Mostly it's been like a regular vacation, and we've spent a lot of time sitting around, playing cards, and talking. Dad's a lot more pessimistic about the Yankees season than I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger lbotp said...

I'm hoping to get to the Lincoln library sometime this summer ... the dana thomas house is cool.

As for champaign sites to see, next time my parents are here we're going to the air museum in rantoul ... my dad was in the air force once upon a time.

Thu Jun 23, 05:45:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home