Sunday, May 15, 2005

Miami/Work

I'm in Miami working with a renowned designer on a case-based history of town planning codes.

RD explains the project: "Codes are so interesting, you know. The problem is that nobody finds them interesting. That's why we need to do this book, you see, to explain codes to people so they become interested in them." It's going to be a coffee table book.

Miami, btw, is great. I am once again staying in South Beach. South Beach is better, more inviting than one might imagine from the tv commercials and true crime stories. There's fancy people and fancy things, but grit as well. There's lots of deco architecture, homeless people, and aspiring models. In some respects it is like what Center City Phila and/or Wildwood would be like, if the two were next to each other instead of 60 miles apart. Curiously, I hear Paula Abdul songs everywhere. My music jam for the weekend, though, is Lisa Lisa with Cult Jam.

Ooh baby, I think I love you. From head to toe!

1 Comments:

Blogger this charming man said...

you were in miami and didn't say hello? and in south beach, my (now former) town of residence? bah.

Fri Jun 03, 11:31:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home