Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Birth of an aesthete

I've been thinking about the first songs that I ever picked out as liking on my own. I mean the very first songs here, even before I got a sense of what kind of music I liked, long before I had favorite bands. When kids are young - say in third or fourth grade - they haven't yet formed a personal identity, about anything really. So there are worlds to be explored. Because my parents hadn't yet gotten cable, I had to test the waters of Philadelphia radio: WMMR, WYSP, that pop station that was at the top of the dial (I forget its name - I think it went oldies or talk radio by junior high).

Anyway, here are the goods:

1. I wanna dance with somebody/Whitney Houston
2. Aqualung/Jethro Tull
3. California Girls/David Lee Roth... Okay I'm lying on this last one. (Would that I had been so cool!) Acutally its more like Taco's Puttin' on the Ritz.

This goes a long way to explaining my curiously bad taste w/ certain things...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting Blog.

I have a Site / Blog all about how you can get Internet TV on your PC.

It has all you could ever need to know about FREE TV On Your PC.

Tue Oct 04, 06:41:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Invisible Touch, by Genesis. Ohhhh man.

Fri Oct 07, 02:02:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Erik said...

Your top of the dial station was Eagle 106

Sun Oct 16, 07:10:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who discuss about
Several
home based business opportunity

If you want to know more here it is
home business ideas
www.home-businessreviews.com

Wed Jan 20, 01:08:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home