Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Birth of an aesthete

I've been thinking about the first songs that I ever picked out as liking on my own. I mean the very first songs here, even before I got a sense of what kind of music I liked, long before I had favorite bands. When kids are young - say in third or fourth grade - they haven't yet formed a personal identity, about anything really. So there are worlds to be explored. Because my parents hadn't yet gotten cable, I had to test the waters of Philadelphia radio: WMMR, WYSP, that pop station that was at the top of the dial (I forget its name - I think it went oldies or talk radio by junior high).

Anyway, here are the goods:

1. I wanna dance with somebody/Whitney Houston
2. Aqualung/Jethro Tull
3. California Girls/David Lee Roth... Okay I'm lying on this last one. (Would that I had been so cool!) Acutally its more like Taco's Puttin' on the Ritz.

This goes a long way to explaining my curiously bad taste w/ certain things...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

Invisible Touch, by Genesis. Ohhhh man.

Fri Oct 07, 02:02:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your top of the dial station was Eagle 106

Sun Oct 16, 07:10:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home