Sunday, November 13, 2005

On Positive Affect

I'm beginning to understand positive affect. For instance, this week I passed my qualifying exams. Though a big milestone and thus somewhat stressful, exams were easy, really. More like a check-up than an operation. After exams though I've noticed some subtle differences. People congratulate me more than they used to. Its more than ABD - where I used to brood now I converse. Where I used to be sarcastic now I'm witty. And suddenly pretty Lithuanian sociologists take notice. Frankly, it's taken me by surprise.

Positive affect extends to the smallest, most inconsequential, most tertiary aspects of life. Take my fantasy football team. I had a shit draft, lost my best receiver in the first week, and have been in the basement ever since. Yet things are looking up. While it's true that I'm a lowly eighth out of ten in the standings, eighth place makes the playoffs in our league. And come playoff time I should be the team to beat. How could this be? Because l-a-r-r-y-j-o-h-n-s-o-n spells TOUCHDOWNS. Look for me in the winner's circle, my friends!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kieran Snyder said...

I love Lithunania!

Does Jason?

Thu Nov 17, 01:45:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ηello theгe! This post coulԁn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I'll forwarԁ this
post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for ѕharing!



Here іs my wеbsite :: legal amphetamines

Tue May 28, 08:55:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Τhiѕ is my first visit to youг blog!
We are a tеam of volunteerѕ and staгting a
new prοjeсt in a communіty іn the same niсhe.
Your blog рrovided uѕ useful information
to ωoгκ on. Υou have done
a extraordinarу jοb!

Stоp by my blog: сheap legal highs :
: ::

Fri Jun 07, 05:07:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home